Warranty on Flooring
Golden Elite’s limited, non-transferable 25-year residential and 5-year light commercial warranty begins from the date of purchase, and covers only the original purchaser, for twenty-five (25) years in dry, residential areas and five (5) years in dry, light commercial spaces. Be sure to thoroughly read all articles and conditions pertaining to the warranty, its application and coverage. Warranty is valid only where the proper installation criteria have been met.
NOTE: This warranty will be null & void if this product is installed with obvious visual defects. Should a defect be found in the flooring before installation, it is the installer’s responsibility to immediately stop and directly contact Golden Elite for further instructions and assistance before installation. Installation of a defective product implies acceptance of its condition and will void your warranty.
Improper installation and maintenance of this product will void the warranty.
No warranty will be offered for appearance related claims once the product has been installed.
Golden Elite warrants that this product in its original manufactured condition is free from defect in material, workmanship and grading.
The finish and wear guarantee warrants that, the original purchaser will not have problems with the finish peeling off or wearing through, from the date of purchase.
The manufacturer’s warranty extends to the value of the product purchased and does not include labor or installation costs. Your warranty (replacement or refund) is pro-rated based on the expired life of the warranty.
What is NOT covered?
- Damages incurred by natural disasters (fire, flooding etc).
- Damages incurred through improper storage, handling or installation of the product.
- Damages incurred through excessive or inadequate levels of humidity in area of installation (relative humidity should be kept between 35% and 50%).
- Damages incurred by improper handling through shipping companies. This responsibility lies solely with the shipper; such claims must be forwarded directly to them.
- Dents, scratches or abuse to the floor.
- Abuse, lack of maintenance, neglect, abnormal use or misuse, corrosive chemicals, burns or any other usage not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Warping, chipping, bridging due to water and moisture damage or incorrect installation.
- Failure due to structural changes in the sub-floor, settling of the building or uneven subfloors that have not been properly leveled.
- Damages incurred by exposure to water or abrasive cleaning products.
- Installation of flooring with visual defects.
- Surface scratches & minor wear and tear from everyday usage.